Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Clear Eyes Full Hearts


I was so pleased to see that Kyle Chandler won an Emmy for his role as Coach Eric Taylor on Friday Night Lights. He won my heart long ago as Jeff Metcalf in Homefront, which I watched when I was in the eighth grade.

We started watching FNL on Netflix last year. The glimpse into small town life in West Texas is fascinating, and (most of) the characters are so endearing, especially the beloved Coach Taylor. It has been so interesting to see these characters’ lives unfold.

The show ended this year with its fifth season so this was its last chance at the Emmys. I don’t really follow this kind of thing but from what I can tell, FNL has not been very successful at the Emmys in the past, and this win for Kyle Chandler was a surprise to most everyone as the favored nominee was Jon Hamm as Don Draper.

Clear eyes full hearts…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...