Thursday, September 22, 2011

Roasted Carrot Ravioli


Most of our meal planning these days is driven by what is ready to be harvested in the garden and what arrives in our weekly CSA. I was inspired by the roasted beet ravioli I made last month and tried the same recipe with roasted carrots.

I used a bunch of carrots from our garden, washed, trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise. I tossed the carrots in olive oil and a little sea salt and roasted, cut side down, at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. I let them cool, threw them in the food processor with some goat cheese and toasted pecans, and I had a wonderful ravioli filling.


I followed the instructions for the beet ravioli for assembly and cooking. I served it with a browned butter sauce. The result was sweet and silky and very rich. It was a great fall dish.  We ate it so fast that I didn't even think to take a photo of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...