Sunday, October 2, 2011

To Do October


I love October. It’s one of my favorite months – the aspens are turning, the days are sunny and crisp, the nights are cool and good for cuddling, and it’s time to start making plans for thanksgiving (what we’ll eat that is). It’s also a month full of memories and nostalgia and reflection. Andrew and I started dating in mid-October seven years ago, and we got married on our five year anniversary of dating so we get to celebrate two anniversaries!

Here are my goals for October:

Nica trip:
Get serious and start making hotel and plane reservations. This will probably take most of our energy this month.

House:
□ Bring rest of the gravel to the neighbor’s house.
□ Start preparing raised beds for winter.
□ Clean out our plot at the community garden.

Fun:
□ Celebrate our anniversary!
□ Go to the ranch.

Here’s how I did on my September goals:

Make Plans for the Nicaragua Trip – I’ve really dropped the ball on this one. We haven’t done much this month to prepare because it has been a stressful and busy month. We did make some leads on the dog sitting situation and have lined people up to stay at the house the whole time we’re gone. What a relief!

House
• Finish shoveling gravel out of the front yard – Mostly done. Our neighbor wants the rest of it so it will all be gone soon!
• Deal with the weed situation in the front yard – Uh, no. This is totally out of control.
• Finish sanding the front door – Yes! Thank you Andrew. He meticulously sanded the rest of the door by hand, stained and sealed it. It looks beautiful.
• Make a donation to the ReStore - Yes!

Fun
• Go to the cabin – Yes.
• Plan a fun trip for my parents’ visit in October – Yes.
• Play tennis at least one night per week – Yes, on the weekends we’re in town, we’ve started playing tennis on Friday nights after work.
• Attend the Greek Festival, which we haven’t been to since moving out of ABQ – We decided to skip it because we have a lot of stuff to do around the house before my parents arrive.
• Go camping at Santa Barbara Canyon – No, we decided to have another weekend in town to get stuff done around the house.

Other Stuff
• Make a clothing donation – Yes.
• Write to my host family from college - No. I will do this soon.
• Stay committed to my health and wellness goals – Yes.
• Haircut for Elsa – Yes.

2 comments:

  1. What do you do to prepare the raised beds for winter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to pull out the plants and fashion something to cover them for the winter so the soil doesn't blow away and/or the neighbor's cat doesn't use it as a litter box. I think Andrew is going to cut pieces of wood to cover them.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...