Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December Goals


My November goal of having a slow and relaxing vacation in Nicaragua was a huge success! We’ve discovered that one of the best things about being gone in November is that we’ve missed all of the holiday commercials and music and hoopla, and now here we are only a few weeks from Christmas. I’m actually feeling excited to get in the holiday spirit and decorate the house. We unpacked our decorations, decorated the tree, and hung the girls’ stockings this weekend.

Here are my goals for December:

Finish up my work at my old job, say goodbye and leave all of my files and projects in good order.  Only 3 days to go.

Start a new job!!!!

Buy new ski boots, get my bindings adjusted and start skiing. (this is mostly up to the weather…)

Cook a delicious Thanksgiving Dinner for ourselves since we were in Nicaragua for the holiday this year.  We're going to do Thanksgiving on New Year's Eve this year, and we've decided to put a G on the sweet potatoes this year for Ganesh in honor of our new beginnings.

Have a fun Christmas with Andrew’s family in Santa Fe.  We're going to our friend Jennifer's Christmas Eve party and to see the faralitos on Canyon Road.  I want to cook a fun Christmas Day dinner with my brother-in-law and father-in-law.  I'd also like to see the Gustave Bauman puppet show at the Folk Art Museum and hopefully get in some skiing with Zach and Andrew.

Make corned beef for Andrew’s dad’s Christmas present.  I got a charcuterie book for Christmas last year, and we still haven't made anything from it.  Andrew's dad loves corned beef so we're going to surprise him with a corned beef and hash breakfast.

Send out holiday cards to family and friends.  We ordered them this weekend and they should be here next week.

1 comment:

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...