Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Getting a Hold of My 30s

Starting 2012 feels like a new beginning and fresh start. It feels like this is the year I’m finally going to get a good hold on my 30s. Turning 30 was a big milestone. It was a little scary, but it was full of hope and grand plans. Turning 31 last year was a real bummer. There I was a whole year into my 30s, and I still felt stuck.

My 20s were so full of change – graduating from college, moving to France, moving to New Mexico, buying a cabin, graduating from graduate school, moving to Santa Fe, getting married, buying a house. I entered my 30s with a lot of forward momentum from all of these major milestones, and for the last year and a half, I’ve felt so stagnant and ready for another change.

When we found out that we were going to have new jobs before our trip to Nicaragua in November, it felt like a turning point in our lives. I’m so excited to be starting 2012 with a major change in my professional situation and a plan for our financial situation that will hopefully open a lot more choices for us in the future. It is so encouraging to feel hope and optimism and courage to make intentional choices as we start a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...