Monday, January 2, 2012

Goals for 2012

My main goal for 2012 is to AC-CENT-TCHU-ATE the Positive...


You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
And latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum
Have faith or pandemonium's
Liable to walk upon the scene

Good advice from Mr. Johnny Mercer.  

Here are my other goals for 2012:

Continue to live healthy - exercise 4-6 times per week, spend lots of time outdoors, eat healthy, and cook tasty vegetarian meals and only eat high quality meat.

Stick to our budget - so we can enter 2013 ahead for once!

Consciously try to reduce and eliminate stress - I'm a worrier by nature, and if left on my own, I'd let it take over.  I've done a pretty good job in the past several years of keeping stress in check, but when things get really stressful, my body and mind suffer.  I want to really work on it this year with some specific strategies.

Visit Zach (my brother-in-law) in New York - Zach is applying for graduate school in California this fall, and we still have never visited him in New York.

Continue to improve my skiing - continue to push myself with the goal of becoming a pretty good skier by next year at this time.

Spend a weekend rafting on the Chama with just Andrew 

Install a fence in the front yard

Make a plan for the cabin.  As much as I'd like to just put it off, we'll need to have some difficult conversations.

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to focus on relaxation this year too - making time to journal, take a hot bath, go to yoga. It's so important but so easy to not have time.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...