Friday, January 20, 2012

Tired


We hosted my mom in Santa Fe for the long MLK holiday weekend, and although I was really sad to see her go, I’m looking forward to relaxing this weekend with no plans on the horizon for traveling or house guests or visitors or big plans of any sort.

Despite trying our hardest to live a slow life at pedal speed, we’re pretty busy people. Every month since April 2008 (I really can’t believe it’s been that long!), I’ve been traveling for work at least three nights per month and often as many as nine, traveling for pleasure, and/or receiving visitors. I also graduated, started two new jobs, moved twice, bought a house, planned a wedding, and got married during that time. That’s 45 straight months, and I’m just plain tired.

Now that I have a new job, I no longer need to travel around the state every month, and we don’t have any plans for traveling on our own until May. A whole five months without staying in a hotel or getting on a plane or driving for more than a couple of hours to the cabin – I’m so excited!!

Over the past several years, we’ve tried really hard to slow down and enjoy experiences despite all of the traveling and commitments, and now I feel like we’ll have a little more time to do so. For starters, I’m really looking forward to lounging around in my flannel pajamas in front of the fire this weekend (and lots of future weekends, please!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...