Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Knitted Headwrap

The plus side of being sick and laying around all day?? I finished this little project I was making for my sister. She's a little picky so I hope she likes it. This headband is really quick and easy. The pattern is online here.

this is the best photography we could muster without actually getting off the couch

When we were visiting Andrew's parents last Thanksgiving, Andrew's dad gave me a tin of buttons from his mother's collection. She had kept the buttons off all of the family's outfits for years. When a shirt or jacket was worn out, she cut off the buttons first to add to the collection.


Here are some of my favorites:


It is a pretty big collection, and we went through them all and matched them up, and I got to pick out my favorites to bring home. Andrew's dad remembered a lot of the outfits that the buttons had come from, and it was fun to hear stories about Andrew's grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...