Sunday, March 25, 2012

Last Day: Proud of Myself

Still can't believe I can do this!

Unless it snows again (we did get another 14 inches last week so it's still a possibility, I guess), Saturday was likely our last day of skiing for the season. (That picture above is NOT from this weekend. Most of that snow is gone now.) The snow is pretty slushy - not in the fun way, but in the sloppy, goopy, puddles way - and it is melting fast!

I felt emotional as we came down the mountain yesterday. I know I've written about this before, but I just can't get over how far I've come in the last three months. On our first day of the season,  I would not have believed that I'd be skiing black runs and moguls and having fun doing it. I literally couldn't even visualize myself skiing that stuff. I thought it was absolutely terrifying.

My goal for the season was to ski one black run, and I've completely surpassed that goal.  I can ski most of the mountain now, and I'm having so much fun! It was challenging and there were plenty of times when I wanted to quit and just go back to the groomers and make my turns and not challenge myself. I pushed myself way out of my comfort zone and kept practicing, and it all came together. And that feels really good. It's been a while since I learned something new, and it's hard work. This season has been a great accomplishment for me. I'm really proud of myself!

I'm having a hard time understanding how I'll get to my goal next year - skiing in the trees (eeee, sounds so scary!) - but after this season, I know I'll be able to do it. I can even (kind of) picture myself doing it.

Looking forward to next year...

2 comments:

  1. Meghan! I'm so proud of you, too! That is an awesome picture, and it looks really, really, really scary to me, so I completely understand your fear. Good work, and congratulations! I look forward to hearing about your runs through the trees, backwards and blindfolded, next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like a pro in that pic!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...