Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Life Lesson: Muddling is OK

(pre-surgery)

When I was younger I always thought that people who were older than me really knew what was going on. They knew how to plan for retirement, buy a house, pay the mortgage, pick a health care plan, manage all of the demands of adult life, raise kids. But now that I’m in my 30s, I've realized a comforting lesson of adulthood: no one really knows what they’re doing. Everyone is just muddling through the best they can.

We have friends that are almost 40, and they don’t know any better than us how to negotiate big life situations. Even our parents are still figuring things out. We can read books and ask lots of questions, but really we’re all just learning how to manage life by actually living it. No one woke up on their 30th birthday with the answers. We’re all just muddling through and learning from our experiences the best we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...