Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Simple Pleasures


It's almost embarrassing how much happiness I've been receiving from my finger nails lately.

After a tough and busy week at work, one of my coworkers brought me nail polish as a treat. I normally don't wear nail polish, but I figured that since it was a gift, I should try it - grenadine and sparkles.  Turns out it is super cute and so much fun to look down and see my pretty nails typing away.

I usually hate painting my nails because it starts to chip within hours and never lasts more than a few days. It seemed like a lot of hassle. BUT, she brought me Essie nail polish. I had never tried it before, but it lasted all week. A full 7 days that included some serious yard work with absolutely no chipping! I could have kept wearing it, but I was anxious to try a new color.

Ever since I realized that it is possible to have chip-free nails, I've been a little obsessed with what my next color will be. Luckily Andrew intervened at the store as I weighed my different options as if I was making a major purchase and put all five of the colors I was considering into my basket. Yes, I know, five new nail polishes!!! I was feeling a little guilty for buying five nail polishes - I mean who needs that?? But, when I got home, I lined them all up on the table, and it has made me so happy to see the colorful bottles.



Simple pleasures!

8 comments:

  1. Meghan, this post is really timely for me. I have experienced a renewed interest in fingernail polish lately, too! In addition, I was eyeing the Essie polish in Geranium, but thought it seemed too pricey. Now that I've heard how great it is, I'm going to try it. That green color is super cute. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is totally worth it. I can't believe how long it lasts.

      Geranium is one of the new colors I bought, and I was literally just sitting here staring at it on the table and telling Andrew that it is taking ALL of my will power to not take off the turquoise and put it on TONIGHT!

      I'm going to bring all of my new colors home at labor day, and we can paint away!

      Delete
    2. I couldn't resist any longer! I put on the geranium tonight and it is CUUUUUUTE! Go for it!

      Delete
    3. Oh, I'm so glad! I bought geranium today, and I'm planning to put it on tomorrow afternoon, before i attend my cousin's confirmation as her sponsor. I think it will lend weight to my spiritual guidance. Thank you, Meghan!

      Delete
    4. I can't wait for the Labor Day painting party! Maybe I'll have more colors by then, too!

      Delete
  2. Haha, love it! I love having painted nails and catching glimpses while I'm working at the computer too. I'm like, "Who's that sophisticated working gal?!" Just this year I've been able to (finally) paint my nails well and it was definitely the quality of the polish and top coat. I've been getting Sephora polish but love those essie colors...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny! i'll definitely be saying that line to myself tomorrow at my desk!

      I've always bought cheapie polish never realizing that the more expensive stuff will actually stay on my nails. it's definitely worth the extra couple of dollars.

      Delete
  3. Ooh that turquoise is nice.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...