Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Weekend Home Alone


Andrew went up to the cabin this weekend, and I had the whole weekend to myself. As much as I love being home together, it is really nice to have time alone once in a while.

I made shrimp scampi pasta, gardened, hung out with Elsa (Lola went to the cabin with Andrew), watched trashy tv (I remember watching it as a kid with my mom, staying up late and eating popcorn for dinner - ah memories!), and cooked a Greek feast for a new friend (recipes to come this week!).


And the best part of the weekend was that I had two long phone conversations with my best friends from Minnesota. We caught up and made plans for the annual labor day festivities and talked about the best day of the year. Although I couldn't skype (turns out our computer is too old...), it was so nice to chat and make plans and have lots of same page moments.

A nice little weekend home alone. Everyone was pretty happy though when we heard the truck pull up and the family was back together again.

3 comments:

  1. Oh. I pine for a weekend alone. Sounds Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I am glad that talking to us was the best part! XO

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...