Thursday, August 23, 2012

Singing in the Rain

When I was a little girl, one of the things that we did as a family was ride around in the truck with the dogs and howl Singing in the Rain. Yes, that's right, my dad was driving and my mom was riding in the passenger seat, and I was riding on the bench seat between them with a dog under each arm howling at the top of my lungs Singing in the Rain. It was our family thing!



This morning I heard a quite nice piece on NPR about Gene Kelly's centennial birthday today. It was nice enough that I crawled back into bed only 10 minutes before I was supposed to leave for work to cuddle with Andrew and listen to Susan Stamberg's story. I love, love, love Gene Kelly - so elegant, athletic, and graceful. Swoon!

2 comments:

  1. I love "Singing in the Rain" and it was often sung in my childhood too - it's how my parents met (my dad was singing it while standing in a bucket getting water poured over his head at his church's talent show, my mom came with a friend. Apparently she was impressed). Thanks for the happy memory.
    I recently found your blog and have enjoyed it so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a sweet story. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...