Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Trusting in the Small Steps


I am a bit of a perfectionist. I have incredibly high standards for myself, and I expect a lot out of others too. I like to do things right, at least what I consider the right way - the thorough, well thought out and just way. I don’t like shortcuts or easy solutions. I want the best solution regardless of how hard it is.

This quality has led to feeling overwhelmed and exhausted when making plans for the next big thing. I want to do all the research and know all the answers NOW. Right now, please! But, there are a lot of questions I don’t know yet, and there’s no way to know all the answers anyway.

I have to trust in myself and us. I have to trust that we are smart, highly capable people and we will be ok. I know this is true. I also need to trust in the small steps. I know that in order to accomplish big goals, I need to string together a series of small steps. This is basically what I do professionally and I’m good at it, but I’m having a hard time wholeheartedly committing to it in my own life.

It’s so easy to see someone else’s success and think that it happened overnight. It’s easy to focus on the end result and feel overwhelmed and helpless because how could I possibly ever make it there? It’s easy to wish for luck and chance to line up and deliver what I’m looking for.

This isn’t revolutionary of course, but what makes sense for other people doesn’t always make sense in our own lives until we come to the conclusion on our own.This is a lesson I need to remind myself about often. I need to trust the small steps and they will lead me to something great.

2 comments:

  1. Oh My!! You are doing awesome!! You are a great woman on the right path. I don't see how much better you can get?! I am so glad I met you.

    ~~~Felicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gosh you're sweet! I'm so glad I met you too!!

      Delete

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...