Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Camino Has Begun

via
I wrote a guest post on a blog I really admire and love reading: PGS - The Way. Bill Bennet writes about the Camino de Santiago de Compostela, which he walked for the first time this spring. He’ll be walking again next spring on the Portuguese route and leading a group of Pilgrims. He also takes beautiful photographs. When he asked for guest posts, I knew I wanted to submit something. It felt like a good way to wade into the waters of being more vulnerable and sharing my story wholeheartedly.

If you have time, you can read it here. This was scary to put out there.

Although I have yet to put my boot to the ground on my Camino, my journey has begun. In the few short months since that experience in May, I feel like I’ve started rolling forward with great positive energy and momentum. I don’t need an external event to make a change because I’m taking my own control and making my own choices, and that feels pretty awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your honest post! It's scary to try to do something that isn't the "norm" but exciting too. I'm invigorated by the fact that it starts with something as easy (although it can be hard too!) as deciding to do it and recognizing that YOU have control of your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelsey. Yes, I totally agree about it being invigorating to know that I can make the choice, decide and take control. It's empowering.

      Also, I was inspired by your goals this month of submitting some writing. I love that about blogging - even though we don't know each other in real life, I can feel the support and encouragement through the interwebs!

      Delete

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...