Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Bowl Sunday & Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip

One of my goals for this year is to complete unfinished projects. I've cleared out our paper files, donated clothes, organized my recipes and I'm slowly working my way through my folder of half written blog posts. This recipe for spinach artichoke has been in my draft folder for at least two years, and it's the perfect super bowl snack. Next up is the big box of wedding photos that I printed and STILL haven't put into an album. 2014 will be a year of clearings.

Also, I've been waiting for a good opportunity to use this cute photo of Lola, taken last year on the drive home from Christmas. She longs for the salt air too.


This is an easy and quick appetizer that is sure to please your guests. I keep a couple of cans of artichoke hearts in the pantry so I can whip this up on short notice.


Serve with toasted baguette slices or olive oil crackers.

Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip


2 cans (14 ounces each) of artichoke hearts packed in water, well drained, chopped
5+ handfuls of spinach, chopped
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tablespoons grated onion
3/4 cup white cheddar or romano cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer to a baking dish and bake 20-25 minutes until bubbling. I like to finish it for a couple of minutes in the broiler to brown the top. Serve fresh out of the oven with toasted baguette slices or crackers.

2 comments:

  1. Love that photo! The dip looks delicious too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm...sounds delish!! That was a super cute pic of the pup!!! Hope you had fun on your first day of class!
    ~~~Felish

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...