Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Tradition Continues

source

I hadn't planned to fly home for the Fair this year. I was just home for the wedding. It wasn't practical. It didn't make sense.

One thing that I've come to know for certain this month is that practicality is a lot easier with distance. Months ago, I knew it would be hard to skip the Fair and miss a year of my annual tradition with Rosie. Last week, I knew it would be impossible.

And with that, I bought a ticket. The tradition will live on. Tomorrow I will be walking the circuit, eating cheese curds and pronto pups, seeing chainsaw carvers, riding the giant slide and singing along to Garrison Keillor in the Grandstand.

Fair 2014 here I come!! I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...