Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014: I CHOSE


A year ago, I picked the word CHOOSE as my word for 2014. I wanted to focus more on recognizing the agency I have and not let myself get caught up in feeling like things are happening to me. This is my life, this is it. It's not happening to me. I'm in the driver's seat.

I think I've done a good job of choosing and being aware of the results of my choices. One thing that has helped me is phrasing my decisions as priorities. Taking a culinary class in the spring was more of a priority than having my evenings free. Traveling for pleasure, family's and friends' huge milestones and work was more of a priority than taking a summer or fall class. Improving my mountain biking and spending as much time outside as possible this summer was more of a priority than planting a garden. Et cetera.

This year, I chose

adventure and travel

to pursue hobbies that make me healthier

to take it easier on myself and others

to have more fun

to be more generous

to worry less and let go of more

to take better care of myself

and to do things that I never thought I would do.

I made a lot of solid choices this year, and I'm happier, healthier and more focused than I was last year at this time. I'm looking forward to 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...